Travel + Additional Information
Students attending D-R factory training programs should make airline arrangements for the following airports (approximate driving times from the airports to training locations are provided to help you plan your trip):
Olean, NY —
Buffalo, NY (BUF)* – 1.5 hrs
Bradford, PA (BFD) – 1 hr
Erie, PA (ERI) – 2.5 hrs
Jamestown, NY (JTW) – 1.5 hrs
Painted Post, NY —
Elmira, NY (ELM)* – 20 min
Buffalo, NY (BUF) – 2.5 hrs
Rochester, NY (ROC) – 1.5 hrs
Wellsville, NY —
Buffalo, NY (BUF)* – 2 hrs
Bradford, PA (BFD) – 1.5 hrs
Rochester, NY (ROC) – 2 hrs
Houston, TX —
Bush Intercontenential (IAH)* – 45 min
Hobby (HOU) – 45 min
Los Angeles, CA —
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)* – 45 min
Le Havre, France —
Paris, France (CDG) – 3 hrs
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia —
Kuala Lumpur International (KUL) – 50min
All other Locations:
Use the major airport in those cities.
- Classes / labs are generally held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Those traveling by air should make their reservations for departure no earlier than 3:30 p.m. on the last day of class. Please account for the estimated airport travel times listed above when making reservations.
- Reduced rate hotel accommodations are available for Painted Post and Olean schools. Participants are responsible for payment. Hotels, phone numbers, and rates are available upon request.
- Airport ground transportation is available at all locations; however, rental cars are recommended for U.S.-based programs. Rental car agencies in the U.S. require the driver to have a valid U.S. or international driver license and a valid credit card.
- Participants in classroom-based courses are required to wear business casual clothes or jeans (shorts not permitted), and leather-upper shoes (neither open-toe nor open-heel shoes are permitted – no clogs or sandals).
- Participants in hands-on labs are required to bring safety shoes, safety glasses and work clothes/coveralls (shorts not permitted). Gloves are provided when necessary.
Contact your local training registrar for any questions regarding specific class dates, times, site information, and travel accommodations.