Because of their advantages, dry gas seals are installed on 95% of new compressors for varied services throughout the world. Thanks to our extensive experience, advanced designs, state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing, and ability to offer full-service solutions, Dresser-Rand can bring these advantages to your existing centrifugal compressor.
Compared to conventional oil lubricated seals, dry gas seals:
- Eliminate the need for complex and costly seal oil systems, and the ongoing maintenance associated with them
- Improve efficiency by eliminating the parasitic power losses caused by oil shear and drag
- Eliminate contamination of process gas by seal lubricants
- Eliminate contamination of seal oil by the process gas
- Extend the life of lubricating oil
- Retain pressure during shutdown even with the auxiliaries deactivated
Upgrading the gas seals on your centrifugal compressors to Dresser-Rand dry gas seals will allow your operation to benefit from our product's unique anti-hang-up and high reliability features.
Dresser-Rand gas seals are available in a range of dimensions (2 in / 50.8 mm to 13.5 in / 342.9 mm), pressures (up to 2900 psi / 200 bar), and speeds (5,000 to 32,700 rpm), as well as various arrangements (single, tandem, double, etc.), to provide the best solution for each application.
The standard materials accommodate a large range of conditions. When required, materials can be specially selected to comply with NACE standards.