Dresser-Rand has a history of leadership from the very beginnings of the energy industry.
Dresser-Rand is proud of its history and its continuing commitment to help clients improve their process efficiencies, meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations, and increase energy capacity worldwide, all while remaining focused on the environment, society, and governance.
Since the mid-1800s, our strengths, and those of our predecessors— Dresser-Clark, Ingersoll-Rand, Worthington, Turbodyne, and Terry — have focused on meeting the specialized needs of our clients. From early steam pumps, natural gas compressors and gas engines, to today’s advanced technologies including high-power, high-pressure compressors and turbines, Dresser-Rand has continuously evolved to meet the critical equipment requirements of the energy infrastructure.
Dresser-Rand Group, Inc. was formed in 2004 and became a publicly traded company in 2005. Since then, our business strategy has been to enhance our core capabilities; add new products, services, and technologies; and provide access to new markets.
Over the years, we’ve added products and services to our portfolio in support of this strategy. Here are some highlights:
- COPPUS® , Murray, and Nadrowski steam turbine product lines: broadened our steam turbine offerings for mechanical and generator drives.
- Gimpel®: a line of trip, trip throttle, and non-return valves for steam turbine protection.
- Peter Brotherhood: steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors, gas engine packaged combined heat and power (CHP) systems, and gearboxes.
- Arrow Industries: foundation and mechanical services for reciprocating engines and compressors.
- Enginuity®: a leader in reducing gas-fired engine emissions.
- Compressor Renewal Services: a provider of aftermarket services to the gas transmission industry.
- Leading Edge Turbine Technologies: specializing in the repair of industrial gas and steam turbines.
- Turbo Machine Field Services: parts supplier for steam turbines and centrifugal compressors
- Guascor®: a leading supplier of gas and diesel engines
- Synchrony®: active magnetic bearing technology
- Echogen® Power Systems: invested in and licensed their technology for traditional oil and gas markets.